- 他很有学问, 可是好忘事。
- He's very learned but rather absent-minded.
- Growing vegetables looks easy, but actually it takes a lot of learning.
- Having great learning; erudite.
- He was so learned that he could name a horse in nine languages; so ignorant that he bought a cow to ride on.
- Most learned men are modest.
- Possessing or demonstrating profound, often systematic knowledge; erudite.
- I think he is a most learned man.
- I do not respect him because he is knowledgeable.
- He set up for a man of learning.
- Knowledge without common sense counts for little.
- The attempt to gain for some of the arts the status of learned or quasi-learned professions resulted in a distinction between "the fine arts" and "the applied arts" a distinction that has done harm to both.
- Characterized by erudition; learned.
- A brahman scholar or learned man.
- Yonder woman sir you must know was the wife of a certain learned man english by birth but who had long ago dwelt in amsterdam whence some good time agone he was minded to cross over and cast in his lot with us of the massachusetts.
- Yet mental hospitals are filled with patients who have all of the properly lettered certificates.