- have ... on; be tied up
- That rumour has no foundation/is without foundation in fact.
- 他们彼此交恶不愿相见, 有事均通过中间人处理
- They disliked each other too much to meet, so they conducted all their business through an intermediary.
- I'm not finished with you yet.
- 星期天我不能来, 我有事。
- I'm already committed, ie I've arranged to do sth else.
- 一有事情要做, 鲍勃就没人影儿了, 他就是这样!
- It's typical of Bob to do a disappearing act just when there's work to be done!
- One of the basic states or classifications described by Aristotle into which all things can be placed; a category.
- Because of a previous engagement/full schedule/business trip, I can't make it at the time.
- He is the witness who was well primed with facts.
- The children could play as long as they liked, they had no work to do, and nobody scolded them, in short, they were happy.
- Come along, now, cheer up; he will be all right.
- I have my business to attend to.
- They sensed that there was something in the wind.
- There is something going on there.
- Don't stand there loafing there's work to be done.
- In potentially abusive "naked '' short sales shares are sold without being borrowed first.