- The land near the border is disputed ground.
- The ownership of the land is disputed.
- The exact cause of the accident is still in dispute.
- It is a matter of dispute (whether they did the right thing).
- 改革是否改善了现状, 这问题仍有争议。
- It's debatable whether or not the reforms have improved conditions.
- 他声称创造了新纪录, 那可大有争议。
- He made some very disputable claims about his record.
- There is a contentious clause in the treaty.
- The two brothers have dispute over the ownership of the land.
- Many of the new taxes are controversial.
- I do not argue with the facts, only with the way you explained them.
- A controversial film that set the entertainment world on its ear.
- As the dust began to settle yesterday, one or two facts about the controversial programme became established.
- The hong kong government yesterday backed away from approving a controversial natural gas terminal in an ecologically sensitive area in what was seen as its first serious attempt to tackle air pollution in the territory in recent years.
- More controversially the growth of dark pools run by banks has sparked a war of words between exchanges in europe and the banks.
- En route to her daughter's wedding the us secretary of state told a regional meeting that the us was willing to act as a mediator in talks over the islands in the south china sea disputed by among others china.