once upon a time
- n.时间,时侯,时机,节拍,期限,次数,时期,比赛限时 vt.安排...的时间,记录...的时间,计时,定时 vi.打拍子,(...)合拍 adj.时间的,记时的,定时的,定期的,分期的
- I was allowed once into his inner sanctum.
- We had a memorable trip last year.
- Once he made bold to air his views.
- On one occasion he hanged twenty heretics, including a minister, at a single heat.
- If only I had another chance.
- I once saw a man tear a telephone directory in half.
- A famous actor in a highly successful play was once cast in the role of an aristocrat who had been imprisoned in the Bastille for twenty years.
- Once Rose had got lost when her mother took her downtown, But a burnt child dreads the fire, so now Rose stays close to her mother when they are downtown.
- He never went to the bookstore without buying some books.
- There is a break during the performance for the audience to take a rest.
- He gets home leave every two years.
- Ignorance of german once led to a blooper of humorist li nan-heng's own making.
- The duke of wellington was once famously turned away from the doors because he was guilty of the double solecism of arriving 7 minutes late and wearing trousers rather than knee breeches.
- "One such lunch was at the garrick club.there is an area just in front of the entrance an alcove with a fire at the back of it that is absolutely forbidden to women.it is the holy of holies.
- One such lunch was at the garrick club there is an area just in front of the entrance an alcove with a fire at the back of it which is absolutely forbidden to women.