- The mountaineer broke a leg while climbing a cliff and was hospitalized for a month.
- The last volume of Modern History goes down to the eve of the Great October Socialist Revolution.
- The girl is winnowing the chaff from the corn.
- On October, 1st, John was sworn in as Treasury Secretary.
- "The research project has only been under way for three months, so it's too early to evaluate its success."
- On Dec.1, the courts began an experimental program allowing cameras in courtrooms with judges' approval, but Bell refused to go along in the trial of Robert Chambers for the murder of
- Faith Daniels, the distaff anchor of the "CBS Early Morning News, " was ready to jump ship last week, following in the footsteps of her former sidekick, Forrest Sawyer, who skipped town last September.
- "Although bankers with their fancy mbas appear to have been dumbfounded by the financial crisis regular attendees to gresham college's free public lectures in central london were not" maintained one press release this month citing a talk given in november 2002 by avinash persaud.
- Inverness has at best seven hours of daylight in december less than a full working day and 19 hours of light in summer.
- "These matters are controversial and I won't in this interview or anywhere else elaborate on what I describe as the events of june 24" he intones referring to that extraordinary party coup.
- ( Classical antiquity) a crescent-shaped seagoing vessel propelled by oars.
- 1 00000 Tons cotton 24 pence propound fob alexandria feb shipment.
- Starter wife stahr-ter wahyf n: long-suffering woman who marries and emotionally supports a man through his lean years-maybe paying his way through medical school or holding his hand while he auditions for non-speaking roles.
- In late october the polish zloty fell sharply in value against the euro as markets fretted that the economic crisis gripping hungary would spread to neighboring poland.
- "China: at the court of the emperors-unknown masterpieces from han tradition to tang elegance" is at palazzo strozzi florence until june 8th