- You can't dictate to people how they should live.
- The Indians were the original inhabitants of North America.
- Thefirst telephone was the precursor of modern communications networks.
- Suffragettes were among the first feminists in Britain.
- Man's earliest implements were carved from stone and bone.
- Occurring first in time or sequence; earliest.
- Beiyang Navy is the earliest naval force of China.
- Any of a breed of heavy-set dog orig
- Greek historian whose writings, chiefly concerning the Persian Wars, are the earliest known examples of narrative history.
- One of the four brightest satellites of Jupiter and the eighth in distance from the planet. Originally sighted by Galileo, it is one of the largest satellites in the solar system.
- Being or happening first in sequence of time; original.
- China said this month that it expected to launch its first unmanned lunar orbiter the chang'e-1 ( named after china's mythological "lady in the moon") before the end of this year while india this week announced that it could send up a similar space probe as early as april 2008.
- But mexico invented and used the scheme first and some of its fruits as mr carstens well knows are now apparent.
- A treatise on mnemonics written by matteo ricci is not only the first work on mnemonics written in the chinese language but also the only work on mnemonics written in the chinese language before the 20th century.
- The first eavesdroppers were nefarious types who literally stood in the eavesdrops to overhear private conversations.