- sit down
- Tallis sat down on the roof of a car buried in the sand.
- I was on the point of sitting down when somebody pulled away the chair because it was wetly painted.
- I thini should sit down.
- I sat down to a cup of wonderfully pungent turkish coffee.
- You can sit down now.
- Leave the table as it is. I shall be ready in a quarter of an hour.'in A quarter of an hour monseigneur was ready and sat down alone to his sumptuous and choice supper.
- She sat down and lay her head on the tea table and wept softly.
- 8on The7:45bus that stops across the street he leaves his briefcase next to the driver and finds a seat in the middle of a pack of bored teenagers.
- In the meanwhile the doctor had removed to the seat in the window and had sat there looking down at the plane-tree;
- This tight skirt rides up when I sit down.
- That's how matters stood as we sat down to table.
- It's nice and cool here. Let's sit down and have a rest.
- But just seems like no time and no mood to sit down and tidy up myself here.what am I thinking? What I want to do?
- The boardroom has been an arena where power is contested ever since the first top-hatted directors sat around the first burled oak table.
- Sit down or you'll overbalance the boat.