- to ruin sth
- 尽管他做了坏事, 我仍然相信他本质是善良的。
- In spite of the bad things he's done I still believe in his essential goodness.
- I question the wisdom of giving the child so much money.
- Most of us enjoy a bit of scandal.
- Such evil practice cannot be swept away at once.
- Deserving of blame or censure as being wrong, evil, improper, or injurious.
- I'll turn the tables on you one day and punish you for all the wrongs you've done to my family.
- I had no intention of doing any wrong, so help me God. It was entirely an accident.
- It is difficult to believe that George can sleep the sleep of the just seeing that his life is spent in ruining people financially.
- She could do no wrong (ie do nothing wrong) in the opinion of her devoted followers.
- Policemen always make me shake in my shoes, even when I've done nothing wrong.
- I am doing all the dirty work.
- Children, like dogs, have so sharp a scent that they detect everything—the bad before all the rest.
- Our advertising campaign isn't really ready yet. If we begin it now. It will probably go off at half-cock.
- They put a stop to the evils.
- Stop glowering at me, I've done nothing wrong!