- bumpy (of a road)
rough (of life)
to be down on one's luck
- adj.向下的 adv.向下,在下面,下去,降下 prep.往下,沿着 n.绒毛,软毛,开阔的高地
- pron.一个人,任何人,一方 num.一,一个 adj.一方的,某一,同样的
- He could not but look up to the sky and sigh deeply when his lifetime of frustrations passed through his mind.
- The road to hell is easy.
- Years of twists and turns in his life have taught him how to remain circumspect.
- He must have had some ups and downs in life to make him such a churl.
- ` He must have had some ups and downs in life to make him such a churl.
- Forty years of twists and turns in politics have taught them to remain circumspect.
- Although this cockatoo had suffered much misery before meeting master he is now obviously very happy and contented.
- The frustrations and misfortunes of tao yuan-ming's whole life shaped his broad-minded and unconventional dignity.
- It has been a bumpy road to justice.
- The rocky road to dublin.
- The ride is bumpy and the water is rough.
- And yet in spite of the killing pace and the stony track who but the sluggard or the dolt can hold aloof from the course?
- Maybe our lives have been on hold due to past traumas maybe our lives have been dispirited due to rough turmoil; perhaps we chose self-abandonment perhaps we've gotten used to numbing ourselves.