- threshing floor
classifier for events and happenings: spell, episode, bout
- n.符咒,魅力,一段时间,轮班 vt.拼写,拼成,意味着,轮值,招致,迷住 vi.轮替,拼字
- n.一回,一场,回合,较量 vt.来回耕
- Black Widow is a (dead) cert for (ie is sure to win) the next race.
- "The Teahouse" is playing at the Capital Theater.
- `We all played very badl
- "我们在场地上做的一切都合情合法，" 莱文说，并指出 ... 场地经常受到检查。他说， "场地上一切
- "Everything we do on the site is proper and lawful, " said Levin, noting that the yard, ... is under constant scrutiny. "It's in a fishbowl, " he said.
- "共和党员们在市政厅搞了一场恶作剧。" "是吗？"
- "The Republicans have pulled a trick at City Hall." "Is that so?"
- "Traders wear baseball caps as 'rally caps' sometimes with the bills turned up sometimes accompanied by the video 'rally monkey' thing" explains mark laflamme a trader on the asian markets referring to an insane clip of a monkey dancing to "jump around" by house of pain.
- "It's very british to have a reverence for rules of dress but we also like subverting them. Wearing elements of black tie out of context is part of that" says carlos de freitas head of men's wear design for dunhill. "It stems from a demand for more relaxation and self-expression.
- "He believed in individual choice exercised through the market place and that people must accept the consequences of the choices they made... at the same time he was well aware that there were many people who needed protection from the unintended but indisputable negative aspects of a market economy" such as unemployment financial hardship in illness and lack of access to the essentials of life if certain market prices rose to unaffordable levels.
- "Although bankers with their fancy mbas appear to have been dumbfounded by the financial crisis regular attendees to gresham college's free public lectures in central london were not" maintained one press release this month citing a talk given in november 2002 by avinash persaud.
- "The negative feedback loop between states and their banking sectors has re-emerged and is having a seismic impact on the broader market" said gavan nolan credit strategist at markit.
- "There is a lot of spare money coming into the herbs market from the real estate market" mr zheng says.
- "It's a good idea the way they are going directly at the people in this venue" said joe tortorici of connecticut whose company manufactures toys in china.
- "The negative take for the bond market is that china reduced its overall treasury holdings but they have increased their exposure to us interest rates by buying longer term treasuries" said david ader strategist at cert capital.
- "These matters are controversial and I won't in this interview or anywhere else elaborate on what I describe as the events of june 24" he intones referring to that extraordinary party coup.
- In late october the polish zloty fell sharply in value against the euro as markets fretted that the economic crisis gripping hungary would spread to neighboring poland.