- a period of time
for a short while
- n.时期,学时,节,句点,周期,(妇女的)经期 adj.过去某段时期的 int.没有了
- n.简略,短路,短裤 adj.短的,矮的,不足的,不够的,(智力等)弱的,浅薄的,松脆的,简短 adv.突然,缺乏,不足
- You will need a second pair of shoes.
- Wives were expected to forgive their husbands' lapses, ie forgive them when they were unfaithful.
- Their marriage took place amid a blaze of publicity.
- 她一时昏迷, 坐下呆了一会才醒过来。
- She sat stunned for a while, until she recovered.
- Slang words are often ephemeral.
- I must have had a brainstorm I couldn't remember my own telephone number for a moment.
- He consulted the chronicles of the period.
- His novels had a great vogue ten years ago.
- He shot her while temporarily unbalanced.
- 他一时想不开, 自杀了。
- He committed suicide during a fit of depression.
- 她沉默一时期以後, 现在又名声大噪了。
- After suffering an eclipse, she is now famous again.
- 我一时心血来潮, 拿起话筒就给在澳大利亚的妹妹打了个电话
- On impulse, I picked up the phone and rang my sister in Australia.
- The shops are cashing in on temporary shortages by raising prices.
- One could imagine her giving Pavlova a few hints on dancing because she had been such a success as a skirt-dancer at bazaars in her youth.
- In a fit of anger he turned the table over.