- return empty-handed
- n.回来,返回,来回票,利润,回答 adj.返回的,回程的,报答的,反向的,重现的 vi.回返,归还 vt.归还,回报,报告,获得,回答,返回
- His crime has gained him naught.
- I wrote five applications for jobs but got nothing.
- He asked for a donation but went away empty handed.
- Not to support them but to frustrate them and to make sure they learn nothing.
- Wearisome as this topic has become mr maitland achieves nothing by skirting it.
- Lj: so once again we have nothing.
- In order to gather the primary capital for his business he had to forget his identity as a highbrow and be busy running around for money but no one would like to lend money to him.
- Search efforts involving more than300planes and dozens of ships the navy found nothing not even an oil stain.
- I hear every master say when they teach dont go to another teacher. I know you said if youre riding two bicycles you cant learn to ride one.
- An unrewarded band of anglers.
- He got nothing today because the fish refuse to rise to the bait.
- Rather than return to holland with nothing to report the crew voted to look for the northwest passage a legendary waterway that would carry a ship all the way from the atlantic to the pacific ocean.