[yī wén bù míng]
- clean broke; stony broke; stoniness; stone broke; dead broke; on the deck
- adj.清洁的,干净的,清白的 v.打扫,使干净,清扫
- adj.一文不名的 vbl.break的过去式
- adj.死的,无感觉的,呆板的,不流动的,(语言、习惯)废弃了的,熄灭的 n.死者 adv.完全地,绝对的,突然的
- I haven't a bean, so I can't pay you.
- Maybe it's because I am bad at math that I am always broken.
- I am broke now that it's just before payday.
- I'll be broken after making the down payment.
- It also claims it has evidence that al-qaeda is all but broke with only bin laden's personal moneys financing the organisation.
- Okay now remember I'm broke.
- I suppose that is why he came to me when he went broke that and the fact that he was a namesake of mine.
- An unsuccessful and impecunious mon.
- Hugh lived the life of a selfish miser who increased his own wealth at the expense of others; he ended up being a friendless alcoholic who died in the poor house.
- After the depredations of the invaders the people were penniless.