- When the fight began, he thought it politic to leave.
- The shock unhinged his mind.
- They're 70p a dozen.
- A tyre expands when you pump air into it.
- The recorder chalked it up as soon as the athlete beat a new record.
- The car skidded, turned over and burst into flames.
- She buy a dozen of egg in the market.
- No sooner had Jesus knocked over the dragon of superstition than Paul boldly set if on its legs again in the name of Jesus.
- Cheaper by the dozen.
- As soon as the gates were opened, crowds of football supporters piled in.
- He beat me in the first game but I managed to get the better of him in the second, so now we are quits.
- He lifts an armful and brings the clubs.
- A cold current of air came in when the window was open.
- When the box was opened the spring jumped out.