- for a time
at one time
- pron.一个人,任何人,一方 num.一,一个 adj.一方的,某一,同样的
- n.时间,时侯,时机,节拍,期限,次数,时期,比赛限时 vt.安排...的时间,记录...的时间,计时,定时 vi.打拍子,(...)合拍 adj.时间的,记时的,定时的,定期的,分期的
- 病人现已脱离危险, 但曾有一度吉凶未卜
- The patient is out of danger now, but it was touch-and-go (ie uncertain whether he would survive) for a while.
- 对一年一度的同事聚会, 总有一种年年如是的厌倦感
- There was an awful feeling of deja vu at the annual office party.
- 该市这一地区一度很繁华, 如今已江河日下
- This part of the town used to be fashionable, but it's starting to go downhill.
- She passed through a difficult period after her marriage failed.
- 她在比赛中一度领先, 但最後得第四名。
- She was leading for part of the race but finally finished fourth.
- 她曾一度病危, 现在好多了
- She was on the danger list, but is much better now.
- Hot coffee can give first-degree burns.
- He was once the great white hope of the Labour Party.
- He once lived in Zambia.
- He and I were shipmates on a trawler once.
- France was once a colonial power.
- Enthusiasts from around the world converge on (ie come to) Le Mans for the annual car race.
- An annual holiday is a big expense.
- 她一度信仰社会主义, 但现已归真反璞像她父母一样投票支持保守党了
- Once a socialist, she has now reverted to type and votes Tory like her parents.
- The hypothetical universal solvent once sought by alchemists.