- You'll know better when you reach my age.
- The ground was covered in a pristine layer of snow.
- His background is enshrouded in mystery.
- His shaving mirror was covered with condensation.
- He overlaid the walls with hessian.
- Her arrival cast a cloud (of gloom) over the party.
- People stood twenty deep (ie in lines of twenty people one behind the other) to see her go past.
- They painted a coat of paint to prevent the oxidation of the ship by seawater.
- The floor has been cemented over.
- The castle was hidden behind a curtain of smoke.
- A thin, flat layer or scale, as that of a fish.
- A coat of primer should be made over the bare surface before the main painting.
- The outside is covered with thick water-proof felt.
- And she still caressed him, and gently with her hands she wiped away the deep foam from his lips, and kissed the bull.
- A vertically set fishing net of three layers, consisting of a finely meshed net between two nets of coarse mesh.