seas of; sheets of; an extent of
- 飞机坠毁後, 残骸散落在一大片土地上。
- After the crash, debris from the plane was scattered over a large area.
- There is a large hilly area in the northwest.
- She scratched herself badly while pruning the roses.
- From his attic window he looked out over a wilderness of roofs.
- Lying in broad stretches, this land lends itself to mechanized farming.
- "Simply that having ascertained that the piece of ground on which I stand was to let I made application for it was readily accepted by the proprietor and am now master of this fine crop of lucerne.
- The blast shattered windows over a wide area.
- Especially in autumn and winter when the air is not so unstable cumulus clouds may merge and cover a large part of the sky.they become altocumulus.
- Most of the time his eyes were shut but mine were open. I started really looking.and there appeared green acres of artichoke fields that glistened in the sun or disappeared when the fog rolled in.
- The minute the dog wore new pet clothes it urinated and wet its crotch.
- The course changes frequently and the area is so flat that a small change in the level of the river may inundate a considerable area.
- The explosion caused a huge black cloud of dust.
- The chapel is positioned on a small hill in front of the mighty face of the dead mountain range.
- For example saturn's e ring reaches across a broad region that encompasses the satellites mimas tethys dione and rhea peaking in brightness at the orbit of the smooth icy moon enceladus.
- The athens double-barreled cannon-today on display in downtown athens ga.-was designed to fire "chain shot" two cannonballs connected by a heavy chain and was intended to mow down large formations of enemy troops like a giant scythe.