- to not say a word
- He didn't say anything, brooding on the brutal luck of his life.
- Soft and silent she was standing in the dressing-room.
- It was only a matter of time before he was again tearing around the house searching for his keys at which point I said nothing and kept at what I was doing.
- That red-faced youth there was a much more tender specimen: tightly gripping a canvas shoulder-bag in both hands he sat alone and silent with his back to everyone else.
- An'now his ma ole miss butler she come frum cha'ston fer de fune'l an'miss suellen an'mist'will dey come frum tara but mist'rhett woan talk ter none of dem.