- a quarter-hour; a quarter
- The buses leave twice every hour on the quarter, eg at 10.15 and 10.45.
- 这个钟在正点、 半点和一刻钟都打点。
- The clock strikes the hours, the half-hours and the quarters.
- And in a quarter of an hour it blew a fresh gale from the shore;
- The next day december7th they stopped for a quarter of an hour at green river station.
- It isn't the quarter yet.
- Asked the sweet silvery voice of mercds; "two o'clock has just struck and you know we are expected in a quarter of an hour."
- A quarter of an hour later the boat is steaming along a narrow stretch of river again between sheer cliffs darkly green.
- Leave the table as it is. I shall be ready in a quarter of an hour.'in A quarter of an hour monseigneur was ready and sat down alone to his sumptuous and choice supper.
- Once just like a man given a laxative after going hungry for a few days he could not even squeeze anything out no matter how hard he tried and he just had to dismiss class a quarter of an hour early.