- on the one hand
- There's an important news item/item of news in today's paper.
- This is a short story whose easy style I love very much.
- Moscow television carried extensive coverage of the pullout. A Soviet television correspondence said the convoy had come under fire but did not provide details.
- Make love to every woman you meet. If you get five percent on your outlay, it's a good investment.
- It was one of the most moving pieces of documentary radio I have ever heard broadcast; a remarkable slice of real life.
- It usually take me more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech.
- He closed his speech with a funny joke.
- Being a husband is a whole- time job. That is why so many husbands fail. They cannot give their entire attention to it.
- In an advertisement in the evening paper, he calls public attention to his new stock of goods.
- Funeral a lose art in the big city.
- The most melancholy of human reflections, perhaps, is that, on the whole, it is a question whether the benevolence of man does most harm or good.
- Prohibition may be a dispute theory, but none can complain that it do not hold water.
- It is an interesting question how far men will retain their relative rank if they were divest of their clothes.
- For one thing, I have no time; for another (thing), I have no money.
- Epitaph: a belated advertisement for a line of goods that has permanently discontinued.