- n.便士,<美> 分
- You should sign a contract to make your job situation regular.
- It cost me absolutely nix.
- He enjoyed every minute of his holiday.
- He likes to feel that he's one of the boys.
- England conceded a goal (to their opponents) in the first minute.
- Put it under the grill for a minute to brown the top.
- You should make good use of every precious minute to study.
- This printer can print 40 pages in a minute.
- The lighthouse flashes signals twice a minute.
- The boss tried to bleed his employees for every penny they had.
- Susan felt sure that she knew exactly the price of everything on the list and would count the change to the last halfpenny when she returned.
- She needs to win this point to level the score.
- Meanwhile the minutes kept ticking away.
- He talks like a watch which tick away minute, but never strike the hour.
- Any of a class of organic compounds corresponding to the inorganic salts and formed from an organic acid and an alcohol.