- The leitmotiv of her speech was the need to reduce expenditure.
- The delays put the whole schedule out of joint.
- The farm was in/under constant requisition as a base for the rescue team.
- The government has been juggling (with) the figures to hide the latest rise in unemployment.
- She feels she's being got at.
- 我反覆思考那件事, 一再自问究竟是怎麽回事。
- I pondered (over) the incident, asking myself again and again how it could have happened.
- He was irritated by their perpetual complaints.
- He begged her repeatedly to stop.
- His repeated absence (from school) is worrying.
- Her proposal met with continual rejections.
- How do we prevent these continual breakdowns?
- 尽管一再否认, 谣言还是不胫而走。
- Despite persistent denials, the rumour continued tospread.
- Mary's leading card was her charm. She played it time and again to good effect.
- I've stressed the rule over and over but you didn't listen to me.
- His daughter kept on at him to buy her a personal computer.