- be related
- You can't blink the fact that the country's economy is suffering.
- 对检查一事, 我们还远未准备好。
- We aren't nearly ready for the inspection.
- 敌军推进时, 士兵都撤出了那地区。
- The soldiers evacuated the area as the enemy advanced.
- The threat of closure affected the workers' morale.
- 她当时在场, 这一事实就意味著她有一定程度的兴趣。
- The fact she was here implies a degree of interest.
- The break-up of their marriage was an enormous liberation for her.
- The accident did a lot of damage to the car.
- 监狱工作人员罢工一事, 突出地表明我们的监狱制度亟须改革
- Strikes by prison officers underline the need for reform in our gaols.
- Is it the case (ie Is it true) that the company's sales have dropped?
- 这一事故发生得这麽快, 简直不可思议。
- It seems inconceivable that the accident could have happened so quickly.
- His resignation is a measure of how angry he is.
- He explained away his late arrival by blaming it on the crowded roads.
- His resignation will have serious repercussions on/for the firm.
- His disappearance is being looked into by the police.
- 他因循坐误, 一事无成
- He procrastinated until it was too late to do anything at all.