- We saw him running down the road starkers.
- The ghost of a smile (ie a very faint smile) played round her lips.
- She's a very exact person.
- His behaviour extinguished the last traces of affection she had for him.
- A faint smile flickered across her face.
- A flicker of interest soon turned into the burning flames of desire.
- Nijinsky was unsparing in his demands for perfection.
- I feel a little cool in the autumnal night.
- Attention to detail is the hallmark of a fine craftsman.
- A smile animated her face.
- All his support melt away when he really needed it.
- I have seen emperor in their nakedness, and the sight is not inspired.
- The sky was pink with the first glimmer of the dawn.
- He can see a glimmer of light through the curtain.
- He showed no glimmer of interest in what you had offered.